
To capture the spirit of the holiday, I thought throughout the week of thanksgiving Annie could make a turkey, a
thankful turkey. I made the body, and we cut out some colored feathers. Whenever Annie thought of something she was thankful for, I would write it down on a feather, she would decorate the feather, tape it to a p
opsicle stick and put in on the turkey. By the second day I had to make our
thankful turkey a little more stable because it was falling over and loaded with feathers, thanking God for pajamas, babies, pink, purple, butterflies, rocks, Jesus, friends and finally, mommy, daddy, Hudson and her grandparents. Annie loved it and I really think it helped her understand why we have a holiday like thanksgiving to take time to think about everything God has given us. Of course, she asked some friends and family to make feathers too. My favorite was when Hudson would color a feather and Annie would say, "Hudson is thankful for...." She is convinced that she is his official translator these days, whether he is talking or not.

On Thanksgiving day, Sam's mom made the food, and we had the family over to our house so the kids could play. Sadly, Nana, Sam's mom, was sick and could not come, it just wasn't the same without her. BUT, we had a wonderful afternoon with family and the kids had so much fun together. Annie just adored her big cousin Emma. They played all afternoon and if made Annie's day. Emma was so kind to her and really made her feel so special.

Annie, Hudson, Emma (8 years old) and Sam (3 years old), playing in Hudson's room. What a cute bunch of Dickerson kids! Hope all of you, our family and friends had a blessed Thanksgiving...
No comments:
Post a Comment