Friday, December 5, 2008

A Family Affair

One of our best friends, Danny Dunn, just got married a few weeks ago, it became a family affair for the the Dickerson's....My brother, Brian, and nephew, Tucker, came into town from Pittsburgh for the wedding and we had such a great weekend with them. It is hard to believe that I have not seen my brother and his family for over a year! We just spent as much time with Brian and Tucker as possible. Annie and Hudson adored Tucker (and Uncle Brian)! I just loved having them here and only wish I could see them much more often. One of my other brothers, Dan, and his family came to Temple as well because Dan's band played at Danny and Alicia's wedding reception. They did such a great job, and I could not have been more proud of Dan. He is a lawyer in Houston, but has always had a love for music--I am so glad that he can still find time to enjoy it, he is so gifted.

Here is the whole family in my parent's backyard. From left to right: My dad, Dan, Cade, Marla, Tucker, Colton, Carli, Brian, Sam, Hudson, Annie, Me, my Mom, and our friend Nirav and his son Shreyas. We spent the afternoon together and the kids just had a ball!

Here is just a cute picture of Annie playing in the fire pit in my parents' backyard.

Colton and Tucker had a great time throwing the football. Tucker was so excited to play with his cousins--I think he especially liked playing with his big cousin, Colton.

Here is a picture of Brian and I at the park. I feel so blessed to have such an amazing big brother. For most of my life (excluding the years we fought like cats and dogs) he has been one of my best friends. I love him to pieces! It felt so good just to give him a big hug...

Hudson thought Uncle Brian was hilarious. My brother has always been so good with kids...they just love him! Part of it might be that he is a big kid himself. Here they are at the wedding. Brian was helping me keep Hudson entertained, which is quite a task in itself.

Brian and Tucker at the rehersal dinner

Brian, Danny and Sam have been friends for years. Here they are at the rehearsal dinner. Sam and I met through my brother. It was nice to have a big brother with such a cute friend!

A picture of the newlyweds, Danny and Alicia...the wedding was perfect for them and we are so happy that Danny has found such a great person to spend the rest of his life with!
Sam, Nirav and his son Shreyas at the wedding reception. Is Shreyas not one of the most adorable kids you have ever seen? He danced all night, I wish I had it on video...

Tucker and Annie at the wedding....she really did love playing with her big cousin, and Tucker is really one of the sweetest kids ever!











From left to right: Dan, Scott, Me, and Brian. It was amazing to spend time with all of my brothers and their families. I am really such a lucky girl to have three older brothers that love me so much! Scott, as usual is making a joke so he is not looking at the camera...we'll forgive him.

These are my beautiful nieces, Abby and Jackie. They are my brother, Scott's, little girls. Abby is 12 years old now and a 7th grade cheerleader. Jackie is 8 and growing up way too fast. Abby was born when I was a sophomore in high school, I look at her and I can't believe she is already 12 years old...she is even more beautiful on the inside if you can believe it! I am so proud of her.

My aunt, Bawa (or Mary Helen) and my mom. I thought this was a great picture of two beautiful sisters...


My oldest brother, Scott, and his family came to the reception. Scott is the kind of person that makes everyone feel special, and his laugh is infectious. There is always fun to be had when he is around.
All of my siblings were in the same place at the same time, which doesn't happen often enough. It really was a perfect weekend. I feel so blessed to have such a great family. I love you guys....

No comments: