
On the day after Thanksgiving, Annie woke up from her nap, saw her daddy sitting on the couch and ran into the living room to ask, "daddy will you take us to pick out the perfect christmas tree?" She was so excited and just filled with the spirit of the season...how could we say no? On Saturday morning we in fact went out to pick the perfect christmas tree and spent the entire afternoon decorating it. We had so much fun! The ironic thing was that we really only had to go to one place to find the tree, it was so cold that Annie just wanted to buy one and get back in the car as soon as possible, so to say the least we were not that selective. However, it definately turned out to be beautiful. It is our first real tree and I am happy to say that no one has allergies! It smells devine, and I think we are already hooked on real christmas trees for the rest of our days. Annie was the cheif decorator, picking big colored lights and often hanging multiple ornaments on a single branch. Its great! We made garland and attempted to trim the tree with tinsel. There is a story here: Sam suggested using tinsel since we are going to throw the tree out after Chrsitmas and Annie loves things that sparkle like glitter, so off I went to Hobby Lobby for some tinsel, I found some that I had to cut into shorter pieces myself. Well, I cut them a little too short, and since Annie had already seen the sparkling tinsel, there was no going back, so we ended up throwing the tinsel on the branches where it just kind of sits, drooping over the branch. Long story short--it has been a continuous mess (as it falls off constantly), but worth the experience. We probably will skip out on tinsel next year though...Annie is so proud of her christmas tree! Hudson just plays with the ornaments that look interesting, then Annie puts them back on the tree--she gets to continuously redecorate--that's entertaining!

Annie and Hudson in Christmas jammies at Gronnie and Grandaddy's house.

Gronnie and Annie
No comments:
Post a Comment