Sunday, December 7, 2008

A Temple Tradition--the Christmas Parade

When Sam and I were growing up in Temple, our parents took us to the annual Christmas parade the first Monday in December. I cannot remember a year that I did not either go to the parade, or ride on a float. So....this year we were not going to miss the opportunity to take Annie and Hudson to enjoy one of our childhood holiday memories. Annie was so excited-almost as excited as Sam-and of course, Hudson was a good sport as always. It was cold, just as I remember when I was a kid. As we began to watch the parade and the floats driving by I thought about how "big" things seem in our childhood as compared to adulthood. I remember thinking every float was huge and I couldn't believe all the Christmas lights and music. It realize as an adult, it might not be a "big" as I remember, but it is still as entertaining to see your kids get so excited. I think Annie will have the same memory of the parade, as she seemed very impressed. My friend, Katy Kummerfeld, taught Annie a little beauty pageant wave when they were playing dress up and she would have been proud--Annie waved to those floats all night, yelling, "Merry Christmas!"


Hudson and Sam watching the parade.

Annie and me waiting for Santa's float.


Annie and Grandaddy

Throughout the night, Annie kept requesting to ride on one of the floats. I think she just wanted to wave at everyone and tell them "Merry Christmas." She said, "that looks like fun, mommy!" Our family had a fantastic time at the parade and I am so glad that we were able to go. This is probably the only time we could have enjoyed this Temple tradition since we will be moving to College Station in June. I hope all of you are having a wonderful Christmas season...

No comments: