Monday, May 5, 2008

Surprise...

its Gronnie and Grandaddy! After driving 700 miles in one day, my parents came to visit us this weekend--and we were so happy they did. They were on their way home from visiting my brother and his family in Pittsburgh. Sam and I had gone to dinner and left the kids with our babysitter, but not for long...My parents suprised Annie and Hudson (and Cassidy, our babysitter), and showed up at our front door. Annie was running in circles and Hudson gave them a big grin--they were so excited to see their grandparents! When Sam and I got home, we pulled into the driveway wondering where Cassidy's car had gone, but then we spotted my parents' car and we put it together. Thanks for giving me a wonderful suprise mom and dad--it was so much fun!


Annie and Grandaddy playing in the "cave."


Grandaddy drawing on the window with Annie and Hudson.
Gronnie and Grandaddy hung out with us on Friday and helped our family host a CARE group felloship for our Sunday School class in our backyard. It was a great success and we were so glad that so many people could make it. Sam, the kids, and I have been so blessed by our chuch family the three years that we have been in Galveston. God prepared a home for us at First Baptist that I cannot imagine leaving next year. I was so thankful to have the chance to catch up with friends and grow closer to some of the sweet couples in our Sunday school class. I love teaching the one and two year old class on Sunday mornings, but I miss having fellowship with these guys!

I am sorry that we took the picture so late because we missed a few couples who had already left. Here are the "night owls" from left to right: the Ethrides and Carrie, the Gibsons, the Kummerfelds and our daughter Annie, the Wards, the Kirschners, the Brokaws, the Dickersons and Hudson, Boone Martin, James Jones, and Kate Martin and Jackson.
Annie and David playing on the trampoline. David is definately one of Annie's favorite "big kids" to play with! Thanks for always being so sweet Mr.David.

No comments: