
We carved several pumpkins this month. Annie just loves making jack-o-lanterns, so I thought we
would do it early so we could all enjoy the jack-o-lantern until Halloween....but, I forgot that they only last a few days before rotting and
attracting flies, so we had to make another one later in the month. Annie calls this the "littlest pumpkin" because she picked the face from looking at the book by R.A. Herman with the same title (
definitely a
favorite Halloween story for the kids). Poor Sam had to carve this pumpkin with his pocket knife because we had not yet found our knives from packing up the kitchen after the hurricane. He won big,
daddy points for his efforts!!! Annie was so pleased.

Annie and the Littlest Pumpkin, Jack-o-Lantern

This is Annie waiting to eat cupcakes at her class
Halloween party. She was so excited and I loved the look of pure joy on her face...

Annie and Hudson on the second trip to the pumpkin patch. I tried everything to get them to look at the camera, but this is the best I could do.

Hudson and I
tagged along with Annie's class to visit the pumpkin patch.

Annie found the largest pumpkin and tried her best to pick it up....I give her and "A" for effort! She wanted to take it home, but there was no way I could get that pumpkin to the car with my busy little boy. Thankfully, she understood and settled on something a little smaller.
No comments:
Post a Comment