Thursday, November 13, 2008

Annie's 2nd, Ist day of School...

This is a picture of Annie before her first day at her new school in Temple. It is the second, first day of school that she has had this year, and she has been such a great sport. I was a little nervous because when we went to visit her class and meet her teacher she was definitely shy--and that is just not her personality. I knew that getting her back in school would help her to get settled into a routine again. My kids were crazy after a few weeks staying at their grandparents' homes. All you moms out there know what I mean, the same rules just don't apply when you are at Poppy and Nana's or Gronnie and Grandaddy's. Annie was really struggling for several weeks after the hurricane because she knew that something had happened to her house. She kept asking, "mommy, is my house ruined?" Sam and I tried to explain it to her as best we could, but that is a lot for a little three-year-old to understand. I think she missed her friends the most and always asked me where they were and when she could play with her friends again.

Needless to say, Christ Church School was God's answer to our prayers for Annie. She has loved it from day one. The school gave Annie a full scholarship for the rest of the year if we stay here. We feel incredibly blessed by their kindness and the grace they have shown Annie and our family. Her teacher is wonderful and after a few weeks she really warmed up to everyone at school, including new friends. Every morning she runs into her classroom and gives Mrs. McRae her signature Annie leg hug. Annie has now been at her new school a month longer than she was at Trinity Episcopal in Galveston. She still wonders why her friends from school don't come over to play at our house, but I am working on that....There is nothing like our Pray n' Play group---it is irreplaceable and it is definitely one of the things we miss most about Galveston!

A few weeks after Annie started school, they had a great event called Cantebury Faire. There was pony rides and games and of course sweets! Annie made a family shield to be hung on the entrance to the Faire. She wanted to everyone to be a part, so myself, Sam, Hudson, Gronnie, Grandaddy, Nana and Poppy each put our hand prints on Annie's shield. Of course, glitter was dumped all over the shield--it just wouldn't be Annie's artwork without glitter.


Annie taking pony ride on Coco.


While Annie is at school, Hudson and I have so much fun spending time together. I am so grateful for the sweet one-on-one time that we share. He is truly one of the funniest kids I have ever known, and there are rarely times that you catch him not smiling these days. Hudson is, simply put, a joy.
Here is Hudson climbing at the Whistle Stoop Park. This is one of his favorite places to hang out. The park is by the Temple train station so he loves watching the trains go by and listening to hear the train whistle. I don't think I have shared with you how much Hudson likes (loves) trains!!! Anything having to do with a train makes him smile, especially if it is Thomas the Tank Engine.

1 comment:

WigintonFamily said...

j -

I am so happy tohear youall are doingwell in temple. It just breaks my heart when I think of your home and of our friends uprooted and the losses.

We are home now awaiting baby and putting pit house navi together. Samuel had his fourth first day of kindergarten at trinity. It was hard for him but he is doing so much better now that we are home. Much happier

The girls still ask about annie - they love their church and are a bit pizzled about the changes there.

Well hang in there and know I think of you and pray for you Often.

A