
Even though Daddy didn't come home to Galveston (he met us in Temple), he came home to us...Annie, Hudson and I could not have been more happy to see him on Thursday afternoon. The kids followed him like a shadow for a few hours. It has been a long month, but we made it through with a lot of prayer and patience. I definitely think about the single parents who do it all by themselves and I have a new found respect. Wow! God has really given them a challenge and a special strength. I struggled with just one month!!
Sam's home-coming began with a long weekend...we had 3 1/2 days to just enjoy him and soak up every thing we adore about him and missed while he was away.
A funny side-note, as soon as we got back to Galveston, Sam found out on Monday that he was on emergency staff call this month at UTMB and would have to stay at the hospital during the tropical storm, Edouard. Our praise: the storm just brought some heavy rain, so he was able to come home the next day and more importantly, we were safe.

There is so much I missed about Sam and the Annie and Hudson missed about their daddy....here are just a few:
1. The look on Annie and Hudson's faces when they hear his key turn in the door when their daddy gets home from work....and the ensuing attack of hugs.
2. Giggles in the living room while Sam wrestles and plays with the kids in the evenings.
3. Eating dinner together as a family. Annie asked about Sam every time we sat down at the dinner table, or she just said, "I miss daddy, mommy."(In the most pitiful little voice you have ever heard.)
4. Annie said, "I missed his hugs, and I missed his kisses too. Hudson missed his hugs and missed his kisses too, mommy."
5. His smile.
6. NOT having the whole bed to myself.
7. Having Sam to appreciate my cooking since neither of my children are the greatest eaters.
8. Watching Annie and Hudson stand on our couch, looking out the front window, waiting for Sam to get home.
9. NOT hearing Annie ask me, every time she heard the garage door open, "is daddy home?"
10. How he loves us!
Sam is the perfect daddy and husband to us. God definitely knew what he was doing when he brought us together, and I thank Him for it every day. I just cannot imagine what we would do without him. I not only missed him because I love him and wish I could spend all my time with him, but I missed how he shows his love to me and his kids, how he serves God through loving us....when he gets home from a long day at work, he has a smile on his face and helps me with chores, plays with the kids, bathes the kids, cleans the kitchen after dinner, and the list goes on. (...a disclaimer for those of you that know Sam, this is all after he goes running!)
We love you so much Sam/Daddy, you mean the world to us and we want to thank you for all that you do....we are so happy you are home!




1 comment:
He has a smile on his face because he went running - ha-ha! Reading that makes me miss y'll even more....and I didn't think that was possible. Call me!
Post a Comment