Saturday, June 14, 2008

When Gronnie comes to town...

This week, my mom, or more lovingly known as Gronnie to her grandchidren, came to stay with us for a few days and we could not have asked for a more wonderful time with her. We went shopping, my mom cooked for us, went out to dinner, and we went to see my brother Dan and his family. By the end of the week, I think my mom was exhausted--and so were Annie and Hudson.

I love my mom so much, I really don't know what I would do without her, and I my love for her grows even more when I see her with my kids. They just adore her, especially Annie. Gronnie is her special friend, not just her grandmother.

Three generations of Neal-Dickerson girls, cooking chicken n' dumplings for dinner. This is my favorite meal that my mom used to cook for me--her dumplings are the best! Annie had so much fun helping us make the dumplings, especially because she got to play in the flour...
We went to eat at Lupe Tortilla with my brother Dan, his wife Marla, and thier sweet kids, Colton, Calri and Cade. Of course, I had to take the opportunity to force the kids to take a picture together...From right to left: Annie, Carli, Colton, Cade and Hudson.
Annie and Carli playing on the see-saw with their suckers. Annie thinks her older cousin is so cool!
The youngest of the crowd, Cade (10 months) and Hudson (15 months), couldn't quite get together for a picture, so I put the best of each of them together...

Gronnie gave Annie this zebra print night gown and I can hardly get her to take it off! She has worn it three nights in a row and I fear tonight she will be asking for it again---I better go do laundry. Thanks Gronnie for the cool surprise!
Thanks mom for making this such a special week. I could never show you how grateful I am for all that you do! I love you so much.

No comments: