Monday, April 7, 2008

Grand Kids Festival

"A happy heart makes the face cheerful."
Proverbs 15:13

On Saturday we went to the Grand Kids Festival in downtown Galveston. This is the first year we have gone and we had a blast! If you have not gone before, I would definately recommend it to your family. As you can see in this picture, some sweet ladies made Annie a new hat which she absolutely loved. It is so fun to watch our kids enjoying themselves, and God provided a beautiful day to be outside!


Hudson also had a great time, eventhough he was a little too small to do everything Annie did. He is an avid "people watcher" so he was definately entertained. Now that Hudson is walking Sam and I experienced for the first time, trying to keep up with two toddlers running around at the same time...but we can't complain because we are not out-numbered yet.


As you can see in this picture (and those to follow), getting Annie to look at the camera is virtually impossible! I have all but given up at this point, but she still looks just as sweet whether she is posing for me or not.


This is Annie's "cheeeeeese" face with the zebra in the background...For those of you who do not have little ones yet, warning: if you teach your children to say ,"cheese" for pictures, you may get years of pictures with forced smiles that do not look natural.


I had to keep telling myself... "I'm sure that thumb was clean." (those of you with thumb-suckers know what I mean.)

Annie and Hudson took turns hitching a ride on Dad's shoulders.


Annie's favorite part of the day..."RIDING THE PONY!" When she woke up from her nap that day she informed me that, "we better go ride the pony now mommy." Well, we can't always do everything our kids want to do, but I am happy to say we were able to handle her request this time...


Annie and Hudson banging pots and pans...

Thanks for reading our blog and keeping up with us. Our family is so blessed to have friends like you!


1 comment:

Ashley said...

I saw Annie helping Sam wash the car yesterday. THAT WAS PRECIOUS!!! I think she re-washed the same place over and over. It was so cute!!

Ashley