Wednesday, April 16, 2008

An afternoon at the beach...

. On Sunday afternoon, the kids and I went to the beach with our friends, Catherine (who Annie lovingly calls, "CC") and her son Maddox. It was a beautiful day with a nice breeze so we thought it would be perfect weather...well, it ended up being a little cooler than we thought, but the kids did not know the difference. They ran into the water and splashed around and had a blast. Annie kept running back and forth, in and out of the water. Hudson and Maddox sat and splashed and both drank their share of salt water I think. At the end of the day, Hudson was the first on to realize that it was freezing and decided he would rather sit on the beach and play in the wet sand. Soon, Annie joined him. Maddox would have stayed in the freezing water all afternoon, but Catherine might have frozen herself. I thought I would share a few pictures...


"This sand doesn't taste very good."

When Annie came out of the water, her lips were blue and she was pleading, "warm me up mommy!" She did not sit down long though...she was not too cold to play in the sand with her brother.
Annie running in and out of the ocean...After our afternoon at the beach she has asked me every day this week if we could go to the beach. I am so glad summer is almost here!
Hudson getting a feel for the beach...

Galveston might not have the best beaches in the world, but I think we are so blessed to live in a place where we can enjoy this beautiful part of God's creation anytime we want to. There is just something about the endless water, the ocean breeze, and the sound of the waves crashing that leaves me speechless. I can' t imagine how I would feel on a Caribbean island...maybe one day....



3 comments:

Jillian said...

Hey I want to take the younger two to the beach soon.....call me!

Bonnie said...

I don't think Gronnie would have lasted very long on that little trip!!! I'll wait for warmer weather.
Love You,
Mom

Nirav Assar said...

This is really cute. Hope you all are well.