Monday, May 11, 2009

the Dickerson top ten...#4: Hudson's 2ND Birthday

the group picture...what a crew!


Our sweet little boy turned 2-years-old on March 1st...and I am still in disbelief at how big he is getting. The last two years have flown by and my baby is now a toddler with such a spunky spirit. It has been one of my life's greatest blessings to get to know my 1st son, Hudson. He is so different than his big sister and not just because he is a boy! These are some of our favorite things about our little man:

1. He's a mama's boy, and while he is very busy, loves to cuddle with Mom--I love it and will consider it priceless as I know he won't want to do it forever.

2. When he wakes up every morning he has the best "bed hair" that I have every seen. Those curls really do a job on Hudson when he sleeps! Hudson has to have his milk and something to eat ready when he wakes up---by the way, this is just like his Dad.

3. Cutest little voice EVER!

4. Love his smile...it melts my heart. He definately has me wrapped around his finger.

5. Hudson is our little "firecracker." He can have a temper and definately has a mind of his own, but it makes him the spunky kid we have fallen in love with. We just have work on taming that temper a bit sometimes....

6. His slobbery kisses.

7. The way he absolutley LOVES his big sister.

8. He is just like his dad in so many ways--and I love that about him.

9. His blond curls--I do my best to tame them (needs more products than anyone else in the family), and I hope they never go away. Don't look for Hudson to have a haircut any time soon. I just don't think he would look like himself without them.

10. Hudson's faces: he makes all kinds of silly faces that crack us up. To name a few of my favorites...his game face and squinty eyes. I will have to post some pictures sometime.

Hudson celebrated his 2nd birthday at Jump n' Jungle with friends and lots family. I would like to say a big "thank you" to all of you who made the effort to come to the party on the one day that there were lane closures on the highway going both north and south. We really appreciate you guys coming to celebrate with us. The kids had a blast and totally wore themselves out. We couldn't have planned for more fun. Finally, we all ate some Thomas the Tank Engine birthday cake, complete with a little Thomas train that actually moved around a little track on the cake. Hudson loved it! Here are some pictures...




Those are the kisses mommy loves!
My brother, Dan, and his sweet kids, Colton, Carli and Cade. Where's Hudson???

No comments: