Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Hudson-Man...

...or so he is called in our house. This was a nickname coined by Sam that Annie has lovingly adopted. I know all moms think this, but I just don't think he could get any cuter, and I think he knows it! When Hudson is doing something that he knows he is not suposed to be doing, sometimes he will just flash that cute smile and those dimples at me and keep on going. He has definately melted his mommy's heart--and Hudson is a "mama's boy," which I love! (most of the time) He is 14 months old now and I think in the last two months I have seen my baby become a little boy...walking (or running) around everywhere, getting into mischeif. I thought I would share with you a little bit of what our "Hudson-man" is up to...

Recently I came to the realization that Hudson is not much for toys, he would much rather be outside, and if he is inside, he is just trying to climb something or create a little adventure for himself (that usually involves getting himself into a "pickle"). Here he is trying to climb out of the swing while it is moving--and smiling while he does it!

When we go to the park, he wants to be very independent....I just have to follow him while he climbs every aparatus and hope that I can catch him if he falls. The good news is that he actually has not fallen often, I imagine that is why he has developed such confidence in his climbing abilities.
Last night Hudson said "bye-bye" and waved when our friends the Wards left after dinner. That was the first time he put the words with the action of waving! Other words that he is saying are, "mama" of course, and "dada." Other than those words, he has a talent for copying sounds--Sam loves to play this game with him--if you make a sound, he will try to copy you and he does a pretty good job most of the time. Annie is learning the sounds of her letters and we were working on "Wa" for "W" yesterday and Hudson would say, "Wa, Wa, Wa." Hudson loves to dump out buckets, baskets, sacks, or any container and put it on his head. It is kinda funny when the container is actually bigger than the circumference of his head--a few days ago I watched him wander around the house with the play-doh bucket on his head (too bad I didn't get a picture). The bucket completely covered his face and he and Annie just giggled. He is such a funny kid...most days we just wait to see what he is going to do next.
Hudson is definately in his element when he is at home. He loves to be home...of course he deals with quite a few pink toys, but thankfully does not seem to care. He loves playing in Annie's little kitchen, which, lucky for Hudson, is also pink. I actually think he enjoys it more than she does! Here he is playing Annie's pink piano. Since this picture was taken, I had to hide the bench because he was using it to climb on top of the piano, stand up, and look out the window...Hudson does love music and making noise, whether it be a piano or banging pots and pans with spoons.

I don't know if you can see his face that well, but he has cheese all over! He was rubbing his eyes while he stuffed cheese shells in his mouth...I guess this is what happens if you are going to feed Hudson when he is tired--needless to say, he went straight to the bathtub after dinner. By that time he looked like he had a facial mask of dried cheese on his face.
And for my latest trick....Hudson has now mastered climbing Annie's chair to get on top of the table. In this picture he is only half-way there, but these table top antics are becoming the primary objective for little Hudson-man when he is in the kitchen. I always thought Annie was a "climber," but I don't think she attempted half the things her brother does. Hudson is such a boy and I love it!

...a little video of Hudson climbing the slide in our backyard and going down--however he can get there. When we are playing outside, this is his favorite thing to do, he just runs circles around this silde...thanks Poppy and Nana!

1 comment:

Nirav Assar said...

Hudson is my "american sweeto beto." Shreyas is the original "sweeto beto". Those kids you have are adorable! Amazing. I wished rina could have seen them this weekend